Monday, June 14, 2010

Popcorn. Butter. Dried Rosemary. Pinot Noir

Yes, gentle readers, that is the combination of food and wine showcased on one of Andrea Immer’s Simply Wine show on The Fine Living network.  I never would have thought that this could work.  But think about the herbal qualities of a Pinot.  When reading reviews about Pinots, you always see “clean herbal notes”, “herbal flavors”, and “alluring herbal nuance”.  Well, Andrea pairs these “alluring herbal nuances” with nothing more complicated than an herb laced popcorn.  And does it work well.  Here is her take on the popcorn (She served the popcorn with a Sokol Blosser Pinot) :

Yield: 6 Servings
Ingredients:
6 cups air popped corn
1/2 stick melted butter
3 tablespoon chopped rosemary
salt
Preparation:
1.   Pop popcorn.
2.   Drizzle with melted butter and toss with rosemary and salt to taste.
IN REGARDS TO PARTY PLANNING HERE IS A GOOD TIME SAVING TIP: What I like to do is place my appetizers around the “mingle area” so that my guests can try different “bites” as they talk to new or old friends.  I also want them to know what they’re eating. I love to use a PlaceTile Designs message boards or MessageTile so I can give guests a brief description of the appetizers.  It sure saves me from a lot of explaining and I can continue to work on the main course and the rest of the party. 

Created by Guest Blogger
Linda Caminiti
4044081347
Check out my blog at
www.satisfyingmycuriousity.blogspot.com




PlaceTile Designs is now offering single letter initials on their MessageTiles and Bottle Stoppers in either gold or silver. For a price quote, email or call them at info@placetile.com or 678-467-4776.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog